Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Silence

On the first day of class as we all know, we experienced an "awkward silence". It was awkward for us because we expected the teacher to begin talking, but instead he sat down in a desk and we all sat there in silence. The only reason why it felt awkward to us is because we made it feel that way. Or so that's what I believe. I think silence is only awkward if you make it awkward. When I'm just hanging out with my friends and nobody has anything to say someone will blurt out " well this is awkward" when in reality it only became awkward when they said that because they made it feel awkward to the rest of us. I think we need silence sometimes to help us gather our thoughts and think of what to say next. We can constantly be talking unless you are one of those people that never shuts up.

1 comment:

  1. like me?! i never shut up..... remember the awkward backpack guy at work? that was funny

    ReplyDelete